What you get
This course provides each participant with a solid Foundation in PRINCE2 concepts.
Our courses are written against the new PRINCE2:2017 release.
Our eLearning course is a self-guided, interactive journey through the PRINCE2 syllabus.
The Foundation Course will:
- Provide detailed explanations of PRINCE2’s integrated elements and their relationships.
- Explain how to use the Process Model to assemble Stage Plans.
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
Who should take this course?
- Experienced Project Managers who need to be able to work effectively in a PRINCE2 environment.
- First-time and 'accidental' Project Managers in need of a method to help manage projects of different types and sizes.
- 'Centre of excellence' staff who need a solid understanding of PRINCE2 to tailor the method for their organisations.
- Project and programme support staff wanting to learn how to effectively operate in a PRINCE2 environment.
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal internationally recognised project management certification.
We strongly recommend that participants without hands-on experience as a project manager consider our Fundamentals of Project Management course.
Otherwise, there are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The origin of PRINCE2, where it fits, and its integrated elements;
- The PRINCE2 Principles and how they empower the project team;
- The PRINCE2 Themes, or approaches to critical aspects of project management, including:
- Business Case;
- The PRINCE2 Process Model, its flow of control and information, the roles involved and their activities, and how to assemble the elements of the Process Model to form Stage Plans;
- Guidance on how to tailor PRINCE2 to suit project needs, and how to embed PRINCE2 into the organisational context of projects;
- Hands on activities, discussions, role plays, quizzes and mind maps in every session to ensure you have absorbed PRINCE2;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the Foundation Exam, with lots of practice.
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 60 classical multiple choice questions. To pass the exam, a candidate must correctly answer 33 (55%) or more of the questions.
The exam is taken online, on a date and time of your choice.
Please note: Exam candidates must provide a signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) prior to the exam.
We recommend that those who have completed the Foundation course should move on to the PRINCE2 Practitioner course as soon as possible, while their knowledge of PRINCE2 remains fresh.
The most economical way to take both Foundation and Practitioner courses is our PRINCE2 Combined Foundation and Practitioner course.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.